Wednesday, February 16, 2011

View From The Top

I couldn't help but notice that top knots seem to be all the rage lately. Whether on the runway or on fashion bloggers the world over, this little gravity-defying bun has taken the fashion world by storm.








Susie Bubble, from Style Bubble, looking adorable with her top knot. 


Of course Lily Donaldson rocks the top knot, and looks amazing. <3


My own take on the look. Not quite as toppy as I'd like, but getting there. ;)

Simple and fresh, it works very well with more outrageous looks where big hair would detract from the outfit. Even with a less outrageous outfit, it evokes a look reminiscent of ballerinas and adolescence. A very innocent look that packs a lot of punch. I hope to see more street style incorporating this look! 

What's your take on the top knot? Yay or nay? And for the fellas, like the look or not? The Man Repeller has proclaimed it a man repellant, but I'd like to hear it from yourselves. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this was such a witty and comical post!! I was chuckling along while I read it. But did you have to put Vanessa Hudg?

    I love Lily Donaldson. Like, she is the whole package of perfection. Also, you're top knot is supa cute! I gotta try this out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, cynth I was JUST talking to one of my coworkers about how I wish I had enough hair to do a top knot! They are SO adorable! And you look too cute with yours!! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete