Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bubble Baths

When done right, there is really nothing better than a bubble bath. In fact, I used to be completely obsessed with them! So I consider myself quite the pro. ;) And though they may seem simple enough, there are a few crucial steps to take to ensure that they are perfect. 


1.  The Right Soap


What causes the bubbles is the soap, which also provides the scent, so picking the right one is important. One of my favorites is Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap. Lavender is known for it's relaxing properties and this soap in particular is all natural and good for the environment (bonus!). 

2. Candles




As you may have known from an earlier post, I'm obsessed with candles, and they are particularly perfect when it comes to bubble baths. Cover your bathroom in them and they provide the perfect amount of light and set the ambience.

3. Music


The final, and probably most important, thing you need is music. The right music is different for each individual though, so you'll have to develop your own playlist. Some of my favorite songs are:

  • Tulips, Bloc Party
  • Ceremony, New Order
  • There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, The Smiths
  • Cosmic Love, Florence And The Machine
  • Midnight Coward, Stars
  • You And I Are A Gang Of Losers,  The Dears
  • Yellow, Coldplay

These are the three basic things you need to make your bubble bath a good one. There are certain additions you can make like a good book, magazines, a refreshing drink, etc. depending on your mood. I hope you all find the time to take a relaxing bath every once in a while. Let me know what you do to make your bubble baths great! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I JUST took a bubble bath on my birthday, Cynth! And I'm pretty sure the soap was lavendery. No candles, though. It was during the day. But I love your playlist! I'm going to have to do a serious bubble bath with all of this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your water "soft" enough to allow a reasonable amount of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap to make the bath water surface foamy?

    ReplyDelete