Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Style Spotlight: Alexa Chung

I've decided to also do a style spotlight, in addition to my weekly city spotlight, that focuses on someone who is particularly inspiring me fashion-wise at the moment.

Alexa Chung is a British television personality and a former model well known for her quirky and off beat sense of style. She's a master of mixing patterns as well as high end pieces with low end pieces.










Whether she is dressing up or dressing down, she never looks too put together and you can tell that style comes naturally to her. She's exciting and daring and knows what looks best on her. Besides that, I also think she is utterly gorgeous. She's actually half-Chinese which gives her a very exotic and unique look. 



I'm excited to incorporate some new pieces into my wardrobe after getting some fashion inspiration from Alexa. She makes great use of little dresses and skirts which show off her legs, in a tasteful way, and also using tights and thigh high socks to mix things up a bit. I also love that despite being 6 feet tall, she still wears heels, even in her casual outfits. This is something I can definitely take note of. 

As an end to this post, I'd like to challenge all of you to find someone's style who you admire and see what you can use from their style and make it your own. Or finally wear that piece you've been dying to wear but never had the courage to before. It's always fun to push yourself fashion-wise and you will find the results are often rewarding. Let me know how it goes! :) 

4 comments:

  1. No effing way!!! Hahah

    I LOVE Alexa Chung! And I was actually going to do a post about her yesterday!! God, she is so freaking fabulous, I can't even stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princessa, you are insanely inspiring. Maybe you'll be my bold fashion piece and wear something that I usually wouldn't, but you would.

    I thoroughly enjoy your blog with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE HER.
    I gotta take you to this vintage store that incorporates local designers. Everything in that store is super her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know her personally? Because I'd like to marry her.

    ReplyDelete