Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Golden Globes

I love awards season. This is when Hollywood really steps it up and beautiful stars and starlettes wear their most outrageous and gorgeous looks on the red carpet. Many of the dresses I see during this time I would actually consider works of art. I love seeing what my favorite actresses will wear next!

The Golden Globes did not disappoint with many colorful, sparkly and daring dresses. These are my favorite looks from the evening. Keep in mind that these are based on my own personal opinions, not what magazines are saying are good, or what my friends are saying, just what I personally loved. :) Here they are:

Angelina Jolie


If you didn't know, Angelina Jolie is one of my favorite actresses. She is stunning, picks great movie roles and is a big humanitarian to top it off. I thought this dress was perfect for her. The color is amazing and I think her hair color highlights it very well. Plus, which you can't see in most photos, the back had a small v to it which enhanced the look even more. She looked like an emerald goddess!

Eva Longoria


Eva Longoria is a smokin' hottie and this dress showcases it very well. I feel like it is a modern interpretation of a 40s/50s look and the fact that it's in black gives it just enough drama for the red carpet. 

Anne Hathaway


Wow! She has come a long way from Princess Diaries! This body hugging Giorgio Armani gown was utterly gorgeous and the cut out back only made it more so. Love the color too!

Claire Danes


I love the color and style of this dress. This is a hard color to pull off but she wore her hair in an elegant up do and kept the accessories to a minimum which made it just perfect. She looked great! 

January Jones


I think January Jones is the embodiment of old Hollywood glamour (though a slightly more risque version) with this look. I love the dramatic red coloring, the fringe and sexy cut outs, paired with classy hair and red lips. 

Sandra Bullock


I loved the pairing of this light, ethereal dress with the dark, blunt bangs. She looked amazing!

Emma Stone


I actually loved this look a lot. Unlike my good friend at Let It Reign, I love the minimalistic chic of Calvin Klein. My only complaint with this dress is that color of it is a little too similar to her skin, but besides that I think she looked amazing. I didn't think she would be able to pull off blonde this well but with her classy updo and simple makeup she looked surprisingly stylish. 

Megan Fox


I'm actually surprised that I liked something Megan wore. I don't normally like her red carpet choices, but this Armani dress was stunning. I love the pale pink with little accents of glittery silver. Very classy and demure for her. 



Unfortunately, bad fashion can happen to the best of us, and these are the looks that weren't my favorites from the night:

Michelle Williams


It is particularly upsetting that Michelle Williams is on this side of my list because I normally love her quirky fashion sense and think she has great looks, but this is just wrong. And I'm even more upset cause this is a Valentino. The name synonymous with glamour and elegance has somehow come up with this disaster. :( 

Helena Bonham Carter


As far as I'm concerned Helena Bonham Carter can wear whatever she wants, cause I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a f*** what other people think. And I admire that, a lot. I still, however, don't like her look in any way whatsoever. It looks like she's wearing a mixture of costumes from her Tim Burton movies. And the two different color shoes do not help matters at all...

Julianne Moore


I honestly don't know what happened here. I love Lanvin and I love Julianne Moore, but why is there a giant sleeve on her dress? I feel like someone should make a horror movie inspired by it. Just wrong. 

Christina Aguilera


I haven't liked Christina Aguilera since she went "dirrty" and this dress did not help matters much. It looks about two sizes too small and I don't like how her hair looks either. I think if someone else had worn it (in the right size) I might have liked it, but this is just bad. 

Can't wait for the SAG awards, the Grammys and the Oscars for some more red carpet looks to "ooo and aaa" over! What were your faves from the Golden Globes? :) 

4 comments:

  1. Ah I forgot about Julianne Moore! :( So upsetting. That dress COULD be killer but the sleeve is like on psycho steroids!! :/

    I like seeing your perspective, Cynth! We agree on a lot and...agree to disagree on others haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I agree! Without the sleeve I would have loved it! And I'm glad we have the same views and then different views... makes fashion much more exciting that way! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top notch best and worst dressed list chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fave was leighton meester and olivia wildes. ESPECIALLY her louboutin shoes. have you seen? SO AWESOME
    http://www.stylebistro.com/Fashion+Forum/articles/_GD_GY5M4U3/Celebrity+Heels+Being+Carried+Down+Red+Carpet

    ReplyDelete