Wednesday, January 12, 2011

City Spotlight: Berlin

Berlin is the capital of Germany and one of the most prosperous cities in the world. It had a rough period when it was split in half following World War II, but when the wall came down in 1989 and Germany was reunified in 1990, Berlin came together to become one of the most incredible and flourishing cities in the world. I'm dying to go there!




Berlin is a thriving metropolis filled with many cultural institutions, great for people young and old. It has an amazing, diverse art scene, filled with many art galleries and museums. It is also home to the largest European music industry convention. Universal Music Group and MTV have their headquarters in Berlin as well. It is an established center of youth and popular culture in Europe. Definitely a place to visit on a Europe trip!








Looks like an amazing city! I really admire how it was able to rebuild itself to become one of the most powerful and progressive cities in the western world. Have any of you ever been to Berlin? What did you think of it? I hope to go to Berlin this summer and if I do I'll let you all know how it is! :)

3 comments:

  1. It's pretty much the best city in the world, of course ... haha. But seriously, it's my favorite city in the world!!!! Been there many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I had some inclining of Berlin being so happenin', but not this much! I love these city highlight postys chica!!

    ReplyDelete