Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturdays=Indulgence

As it's still the beginning of the new year, I'm working on setting what my weekly schedule is going to look like. Meaning how and what will I use each day for. Well, I've decided that Saturdays will be my indulgence days (makes sense, right?). At the beginning of last year this would have meant sleeping in way past 1, eating all the junk food I could get my hands on and doing generally nothing. I've been taking my resolution of "getting more out of life" very seriously, however, and plan to take my indulgences to a higher level than just being a sloth.

For example, today I woke up BEFORE 9:30 (amazing, I know). I went to the gym with Megan and spent an awkward 45 minutes trying to figure out how the machines worked and avoiding the looks of my fellow gym-goers as I attempted to do so. Still managed to get a good workout though! Then I went to pick up some fresh blueberries for the next part of my Saturday indulgence.



Blueberry pancakes. I've been a bit obsessed with blueberries lately so when I decided upon my indulgence day I knew this was the first thing I would have. The great thing about this indulgence is that it mixes my love of good food with my love of cooking, something I encourage everyone to have! I was able to make these with minimal sugar and while still following my gluten-free and vegan diet, so I didn't feel guilty about having them at all. And they were incredibly delicious. Regardless of what kind of diet you have, it's always nice to find a healthy way to enjoy traditional treats. :) 

The rest of the day was spent reading blogs for inspiration, listening to music, going grocery shopping (I find myself doing this at least 4 times a week... must be all the cooking I'm doing!), going to the mall, laundry, more cooking and then some online shopping. A lovely day overall and one I can't wait to create even more on next week! I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday as well and were able to make the most of it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment