Thursday, January 13, 2011

Style Spotlight: Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl has had a huge influence on the world of fashion (guy or girl) since the show premiered in 2007. And with a cast of characters with many different styles, there is fashion inspiration galore! My two favorites are Serena and Blair though, so that's who I'll focus on. :)

SERENA VAN DER WOODSEN








Serena is known for her cool, laid back style. She wears lots of patterns and bright, daring colors and patterns. I especially love the looks she wears while in Paris (the last 4 pictures)! She is effortlessly chic. 

BLAIR WALDORF









I LOVE Blair. She is the epitome of Upper East Side-cool. Her style is classic, original, flirty, preppy, sophisticated and girly all at the same time. I don't quite dress like her, but she has definitely inspired me to wear some plaid and of course, her signature headband! 






The whole cast in general is really well dressed, so there is a look for anyone to emulate. I'm excited to take some cues from Serena and Blair (who have especially great winter wardrobes) and find some bright coats and patterned tights to dress up my own winter looks! Who has your favorite style on Gossip Girl? I hope you are able to take a little something from their style and rock it your own way. :) 


1 comment:

  1. Ahh the GG costumes. They are remarkable. My style seriously bounces around from character to character. But I must say, I like Serena's the best for just day to day. But when I'm feeling extra pretty and dainty, I aim more for blair. SOMETIMES I do like hints of Jenny....minus her whole druggie, Courtney love look. And Vanessa has some good Boho looks sometimes, too. Although when she first came on...didn't like her style at all >:p

    ReplyDelete