Thursday, January 6, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

There are some things that never fail to bring you up when you are down. People find comfort in many and varied things, and this is just a small list of some of the things that make me happy. :)


Dark Chocolate




Of course the first item on my list has something to do with chocolate. There are carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores, but I'm in a league all of my own, chocoivore. Whether it is Lindor Extra Dark Truffles, or dark chocolate covered almonds, you will always see me with some sort of chocolate. It is my comfort food and it's delicious!

Music


I'm pretty sure every person on the planet loves music and can relate to it's amazing power of making you feel the broad spectrum of human emotions. Whatever mood you are in, there is a song to match it, or help bring you out of it. What music does for us is simply incredible. 

Books



Nothing gives me as much joy as reading a book. I'd rather read a book over watching a movie or t.v. show any day. While I do appreciate what movies have to offer, they don't have the same power to completely transport you into a world like a book does. There is nothing greater than spending a lazy day curled up with a good book to read. 

Candles 



Simple though they may be, I absolutely love candles. They smell amazing, and provide the perfect ambience late at night when I'm feeling dramatic. Whether indoors or outdoors, I love their flickering lights and quaintness. 

Pomegranates


Pomegranates are my favorite fruit on the planet. I love their rich red color and how delicious they are. Besides being delicious, they are also very good for you! They are in season now which makes me ridiculously happy. 

Best friends



 Through thick and thin, no one will be there for you like your best friends. These are the people that you can count on no matter what. They're always there for you to talk to about anything, make you laugh, give you great advice, etc. The world would be a much crazier place if we didn't have best friends to lean on. 


Anyways, those are just a few of my favorite things. Sometimes I like to take a step back and appreciate the little things that make life great.  What are some of your favorite things? I'd love to hear what they are! :) 

5 comments:

  1. I believe you forgot to add Jake Gyllenhaal to this list...
    & agreed, favorite blog yet <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. me encanta el chocolate cynthia!!!y todo lo demas!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great idea!! You should dedicate a posty to m e and how awesome I am

    ReplyDelete